How to Get Rid of Dandruff

Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Throughout the years I have grown as a person. I've experienced more life challenges and conquered some of my insecurities. One of the insecurities that I don't have to worry about anymore is dandruff... It was only mild, ok. 😅


dandruff before and after, how to treat clear and remove dandruff, natural home remedy



I have always been self-conscious of my scalp and hair.  Even after showering and washing my hair I would still have dandruff! After trying many different shampoos and conditioners I was still unable to treat my dandruff. The only way I was able to control my dandruff was by regularly checking my hair in the mirror. During work I would go to the bathroom, get close to the mirror, carefully look through my dark hair for any dandruff and flick it away. I would do this as if it was nothing but it was something I was still worried about.

All of this ended after I found my solution to dandruff. One day, in the shower, I was thinking to myself "Maybe I should shampoo twice...like the shampoo bottle instructions suggest." I always thought shampooing twice was just a waste of shampoo. So I always shampooed once during my shower. 

But then I was thinking about how I always wash a dish with soap twice to truly make it clean. When I wash clothing by hand I always scrub it with detergent twice or more to remove stains. When I wash my face after a long day of wearing makeup I always wash it with soap twice to remove the makeup and cleanse my face. Why not wash my hair twice? That should help remove the dandruff. 

That worked. Well, it didn't remove my dandruff entirely but it helped. My dandruff reduced significantly. Another day, I was brushing my hair in the bathroom before taking a shower and I decided to brush close to my scalp. After I got out of the shower and dried my hair I noticed that the dandruff was gone. I conquered the dandruff!

Steps and Instructions

  1. Brush scalp with a fine tooth comb. Go over sections multiple times while making sure the teeth of the comb touch your scalp. 
  2. Lather, rinse and repeat with your shampoo of choice (your shampoo does not need to be an anti-dandruff shampoo). Use conditioner if desired. 
  3. The frequency of these steps depend on your scalp and hair. I have an oily scalp with medium to think wavy hair. I follow these steps 3 times a week.




It may not seem like much but after dealing with this insecurity for so long it feels like a relief to not have to worry about it anymore. The only thing that I have to worry about is the habit. To maintain a clean and dandruff free scalp I have to keep up the habit of brushing my scalp before taking a shower and shampooing twice. Honestly, its extremely simple as all you need is your regular shampoo and a comb. It is totally worth it to try out. 


how to remove dandruff, how to clear dandruff, how to treat dandruff, natural, home remedy


If you would like to see a step-by-step tutorial please watch my YouTube tutorial on how to get rid of dandruff. It was really fun to make with my sister. I've been wanting to make videos for a while and I finally got the opportunity during the quarantine!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please pray for me, I will pray for you.

- Beverly 💕

No comments:

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.