Modest Fashion in Italy

Modest Outfits in Italy

While my family and I were roaming the streets of Florence and Venice, I couldn't help but notice how many women were wearing outfits that met (or nearly met, some were very close lol) Catholic standards of modesty in dress.

Modest Outfits

Many of these women's outfits were giving me ideas and inspiration for outfits that I could put together myself and wear back at home.

Modest Outfits

Here are some outfits that I loved and will take inspiration from

Modest Black Floral Midi Skirt

Modest Floral Dress

Modest Midi Green Dress

Modest Midi Khaki Skirt

Modest Midi Khaki Skirt

Modest Navy Midi Skirt

Modest Navy Skirt Outfit

Modest Stripped Dress and Sandals

Modest White Midi Skirt

I noticed that the majority of these outfits were composed of the same basics.
  • Shirt: Plain long or short sleeve t-shirt
  • Skirt: One coloured skirt matching the shirt
  • Shoes: Flats, sneakers or sandals

You can't really go wrong when wearing this combination of clothing. If those pieces sound too boring, you can always match one of those pieces with a more interesting item. Some women wore stripes, polka dots or floral on one piece of clothing to match their more plain piece. 

Accessories are always a good way to tie an outfit together. Many of these women had matching purses, hats and jewelry. 

If you wanna look cool wear sunglasses. Sunglasses always make you look cooler, unless if you are indoors. Don't wear sunglasses indoors. 

Modesty in the Vatican

When we were in Rome, waiting in line to enter the Vatican, I noticed some signs. No sharp objects, no smoking and... no sleeveless shirts or short bottoms. I was actually searching for the "no inappropriate clothing" sign to make sure what I heard about modesty in the Vatican was true. I got excited when I saw them in the flesh. Had to take a picture.

Vatican Dress Code Sign

In all honesty, from what I noticed many people were respecting the dress code. What really worried me about these signs was the "no food" image. I had a lot of snacks in my backpack. 

And what do ya know? There is also a "no backpack" sign too (bottom right corner of the next image). I'm confused because I brought my backpack inside. Nah, my backpack was a good size. 



What I wore in Italy

My main goal when packing for this trip to Italy was to pack light. I chose to bring 3 dresses that I purchased a few months ago from Old Navy.

Old Navy Dresses 2018

As you can see, some of these dresses are sleeveless. I try to avoid wearing sleeveless outfits. Thus, I wear the sleeveless dresses with either a shirt on top or with a tank top under and with a jacket over. 


Here, I'm wearing the floral blue dress with a black t-shirt on top. It's so comfortable, especially on a hot day like the one in Florence. The faces I make...haha.



This navy dress from Old Navy is amazing!!! It follows my modesty standards perfectly without looking frumpy. No need to add any layers to this outfit. As you can see, my sisters and I are sporting a fanny pack to keep our belongings safe and to please our loving mom. Haha :)




This picture was taken on a nice breezy day in Milan. I wore this lovely yellow dress with a jean jacket and navy undershirt.


In this picture, I'm wearing the same yellow dress but styled with the black t-shirt. Super comfortable!

Black Skechers

During this whole trip, I only wore one pair of shoes as we were on the go most of the time. These shoes are black Skechers. They are super comfortable for walking long distances. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and see you in the next one. :)

- Beverly 💗

No comments:

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.