Modest Casual Outfit: Equivalent of a Hoodie and Yoga Pants

Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Ahhhhh, winter... It snowed last night... It's beautiful... but still, it's winter.

Winter is a season where the only way I can get through it is by staying inside and taking one day at a time. During this cold season, I become a little homebody. Watching the snow fall down outside of my window makes me want to make myself a cup of hot chocolate, throw on a warm blanket and wear cute and comfy clothes.

Staying comfy in a skirt sounds impossible to many people, but creating a casual modest outfit that you can wear at home is simple. All you need is a nice sweater and a skirt made of a simple fabric.

Why do I try to stay modest while I'm at home? Well, my mom always tells me "You are who you are when no one is looking.". But let's not forget our guardian angel, he's always there. He probably thinks I'm really dumb sometimes. Ok, I'm going off topic.


Modest OOTD: Hoodie and A Cup of Tea


So, I am all for doing my makeup, painting my nails and wearing a beautiful long dress, but I have to admit that I have those days where I stay home and all I want to do is stay casual and comfy. In my closet, I have a whole section of clothes that I wear just to stay in. I have sweatshirts, t-shirts and comfy skirts.  

When I first began to dress modestly, finding skirts to wear at home that were comfortable but still presentable was a challenge. When I would shop at thrift stores, I could only find skirts with funky patterns (probably from the 90s) that were hard to match with anything and skirts that had fabric that was just too heavy.


Modest Casual OOTD


Modest OOTD: Comfy and Cozy

Modest OOTD: Comfy and Cozy

So for my homebody wardrobe, I took inspiration from my old high school self. In high school, I would wear hoodies and yoga pants. So what I wear now is hoodies with a neutral coloured skirt (usually blue or black). The skirts I wear at home are made of soft fabrics that I can easily move around in. My favourite skirts come from the brand Joe Fresh. I find them at thrift shops though. 

I also love wearing thick and long socks. I always find nice and comfy socks at Forever 21 and Walmart (you just can't beat those deals man).

Modest OOTD: Comfy and Cozy


By the way, in that picture, just above, I have a mug that says "Mom a title just above...", I'm not a mom btw. I don't know if that would stir up some questions. So just in case it does, I used my own mug earlier that day lol! That ain't my cup!
Comfy and Cozy Girl Drawing

I hope you were able to get some inspiration to create casual modest outfits. You don't need yoga pants or legging alone. And don't be afraid to leave a comment or question down below! I would love to meet some readers!

Question: What do you like to wear when you stay at home?

Outfit:
Skirt - Joe Fresh
Hoodie - Local Shop in California
Socks - Forever 21

- Beverly 💗

2 comments:

  1. I usually like to have a post-Sunday Mass outfit haha. This consists of an old, grey maxi skirt, leggings underneath, and a big sweater! I also have two other maxi-skirts that are shorter and wide, so when I'm trying to get comfy while watching my movies I don't get tangled up haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the more comfortable, the better! You've convinced me to pull out some of my maxi skirts. I haven't worn them in soooo long.

      Delete

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.