Sunday Traditional Latin Mass Outfit: Courage to Dress Modestly

Thursday, January 25, 2018
This is the modest outfit I wore for Mass this past Sunday. I am fortunate enough to have a chapel close to where I live that offers the Traditional Latin Mass every Sunday. That church has a dress code that expects men and women to dress modestly out of respect for God. For us women, it means wearing clothing that isn't revealing.


Veiling for Mass


It's ridiculously easy to wear a modest outfit in my church because almost every woman is wearing a skirt that reaches below their knees. This Sunday, I wore a skirt that I found in my local Winners. It's a comfortable pleated navy midi skirt. I wore it with a simple wine coloured long sleeve tee (thrift store) and a tan belt. In addition, I paired it with some tan boots from Target. Originally, I wanted to wear other boots from Payless but I couldn't find them anywhere (I'll feature those babies in another post). 😔


Sunday Mass Modest OOTD


Midi skirt, long sleeve tee and boots

Midi skirt, long sleeve tee and boots


I accessorized my outfit with some pearl earrings and a tan watch from Charming Charlie (one of my favourite stores for accessories).


Courage to Dress Modestly


It's easy to dress modestly when everyone else is doing it too, right?

But what about when you're the only one wearing a long skirt. In our world, that can happen at work, school, while shopping or even while hanging out with friends who choose to believe in a different religion. Then it becomes harder to dress modestly. Or maybe it's just me?

It can be difficult getting used to standing out for dressing modestly. Simply enough, long dresses and skirts are just not the norms in our society. Friends and random strangers have come up to ask me if I was Jewish, Pentecostal or even Mormon. I kindly correct them, "I'm not ________, I'm actually a Traditional Catholic.".

It took me a couple of months to figure out a good modest wardrobe and to get used to wearing dresses. I used to wear jeans and a sweatshirt everywhere...even mass (I know, I know. It's bad.). Not very feminine, eh?

I just want to let you know that when you're starting to dress modestly it's ok to feel a little self-conscious for wearing different clothes than what the average woman wears. What is important is that you pray to God to give you enough courage to stand out for a good reason and pray for Faith to help you wear clothing that will reflect the Will of God.


Traditional Catholic Mass SSPX Chapel


You have to be definite in your purpose for wearing modest clothing because you will get questioned about your beliefs. Don't ever let anyone's opinion change your resolution to dress with dignity.


Sunday Mass Makeup


Like St. Thomas More said, "I do not care very much what men say of me, provided that God approves of me."

- Beverly 💗

6 comments:

  1. AHH! I can't help it! I've got to comment again! lol
    I also belong to a TLM parish! I grew up in an pretty decent parish that had the English Rite - it was a polish parish, so it was very reverent but unfortunately the women were VERY immodest! But our Pastor was such a great priest, and he had a loud booming voice whenever he'd speak of serious thing (at every sermon), and he would TELL the women to dress up! God bless him <3 Anyway, we had to move away, and then found the Latin Mass! We had never heard of it before and were SO PUMPED. Ahhh the modesty! THE REVERENCE! THE EVERYTHING! I felt like a Baby Catholic, and I was brought up a solid Catholic! There was still so much of the Good ole Catholicism that we never knew about!
    Good is so good... He truly provides when we want to please Him! <3 My heart wants to sing when I think of all He has done for me, and everyone....

    *another happy sigh*

    Okay. God bless <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The way God works is incredible! The TLM is soooo beautiful. I'm always happy to hear the stories of how people started going to the TLM.

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit, and am so glad I found your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely planning on posting more! <3

      Delete
  3. Hi Beverly! I'm Mariana! I just found your blog and I couldn't not say anything, it's just amazing! You seem very genuine and I just love all of your content! I'm so happy I've found blogger that is so much like what I'm striving to be!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to spray cum all over her skirt

    ReplyDelete

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.