Learn How You Can Finally Get Clear Skin

Sunday, January 28, 2018
When I was a teen, I struggled to keep my combination skin clear. My forehead was always bumpy and I had awful blemishes on my cheeks and on my chin. It wasn't bad acne, but it really put a damper on my confidence. When I had those awful zits, I wouldn't look people in the eye and I would feel even more self-conscious than I already was.

What was my solution for my bad skin as a teenager? Cover it all up with concealer. Well, that never solved anything. After years of struggle, I now have control over my skin. Ok, some control. Hormones have their way too.

Here is what I do to get clear skin. It is simple and straightforward. You've probably already heard of most of these tips but all you really need to do is follow them. It's funny how younger me heard of almost all of these hacks, yet my lazy butt didn't follow them and I still wondered why my skin was bad.

Favourite Skincare Products

How to Get Clear Skin


Tips for Clear Skin


Take off Your Makeup Every Night

If you decide to wear makeup that day, take it off before washing your face at night. Some makeup products are hard to remove with cleanser alone so adding this step is a really great way to keep your skin free from any makeup residue during the nighttime. 

I use Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser to remove my makeup by simply massaging it into the areas of my face with makeup on and then wiping off the cream with tissue paper. I saw this classic tip in a skincare tutorial from the 1940s. It's something my mom has always done and it works for me too.

Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser


Wash Your Face Twice a Day

I know what you're thinking, "duh!". Surprisingly, there are many people out there that don't wash their face at night and go to sleep in their makeup. In my teenage years, I used to always sleep in my makeup...😳. Sleeping in your makeup might happen on a long busy day, but don't let it happen on the daily. I wash my face when I get ready to leave the house for the day and before I go to sleep.

I don't wash my face right after I wake up to let my skin rest a little. What works for my skin may be different than what works for yours, please keep that in mind.


Drink Water and Eat Healthily 

From my personal experience, drinking lots of water can help me maintain my skin clear but not by much. However, everyone is different so drink whatever water you need to keep your skin clear.

After consulting my sister, she made me realize that diet has a big effect on her skin. The more junk food she eats, the worse her skin gets. My skin doesn't really get affected by what I eat. We all have different genetics so you can experiment with your diet to find out what works for you.


Use Soap and Water

After trying a bazillion facial cleansers my favourite one (at the moment) is soap. I can trust that a bar of soap will clean my face properly because... it's soap. Soap and water are simple and they get the job done for me.

The soap of my preference is the Dove Beauty Bar. It isn't natural but it is effective.

Dove Beauty Bar


PRO TIP: Don't Overuse Facial Moisturizer

In the past year, I would follow all the tips mentioned above and yet my face was not clear. What really cleared the little bumps on my forehead was laying off of my facial moisturizer when I didn't need it. What I mean by this is just putting on moisturizer once a day instead of twice. 

Right now, I only put on the Pond's Clarant B3 Cream after I wash my face before applying makeup for the day so that I don't get any dry patches when I apply concealer. This cream is lightweight and great for oily skin.

Pond's Clarant B3 Cream


So before going to bed I only wash my face and skip moisturizing my whole face. For my combination skin, this helps immensely to finally keep my skin clear, as my skin produces oil during the night. 


Use a Facial Scrub

To keep my face nice and soft I used to use a sponge to scrub off any dead skin. However, bacteria are likely to grow on sponges that are constantly wet. Thus my friends, to avoid the possibility of spreading bacteria all over my face I switched to exfoliating my face with a facial scrub.

My favourite one is the St. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub. I use this twice a week after washing my face during the daytime. It's not too abrasive and it's affordable.  

St. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub


My Skincare Routine:

  • Before I leave the house; I wash my face 
  • if I need to I use a facial scrub,
  • then I moisturize my face and neck.

  • Before I go to sleep; I take off my makeup,
  • wash my face,
  • only moisturize my undereye area.


These are the tips and tricks that have helped me keep my skin clear for months now. I hope I was able to help someone with these tips because having clear skin really takes off a little stress off of your life and lets you live more comfortably.

Do let me know any tips that have helped you keep your skin clear!

- Beverly 💗



1 comment:

  1. Ohmygoodnessgracious. I love how our tastes are so similar! The more of you blog I read, the more I see that we're alike! I use dove soap and St. Ives scrubs as well! Sometimes the simplest things are the best... :) I use Cetaphil as my moisturizer, but I've wanted to try Ponds for a while, maybe now I will. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.