How to Stay Warm and Modest During Winter

Friday, January 05, 2018
Is it possible to stay modest during the brutally cold winter months? Yes, of course! I mean, the only way to survive the frigid climate is by packing on the layers and covering your whole body.

It's easy to stay warm and modest during the winter months. Here is a modest winter outfit that I wear outdoors to stay cozy in cold temperatures. And yes! I do wear skirts and dresses during the winter. 


Ever since I began attending college, I've learned a few tips and tricks for staying warm in the outdoors even while wearing skirts. It was thanks to college because I would stand outside waiting for the public bus for what felt like hours. Hours I tell you!

Even if I don't take the bus to college anymore, I still use these tips for my work. I do work outside for a few hours in separate segments so I make sure to practice these tips on the daily.

Modest Winter OOTD

Modest Winter Outfit: Coat and Boots


"You Should Get Some Pants", People Say

You could not count how many times I've heard this before! To that, I say "I don't wear pants!". Not pants, but skirts. I wear skirts... Well, that's what I wanna say. I actually say "I'm ok.".

The people who tell me to get some pants are usually trying to look out for me. They don't want me to freeze and die. I get it. But, what they don't know is that I am an Expert Bus Taker Modest Lady. I've gone through it all while dressing modestly.

Modest Winter OOTD


Anyway, wearing pants doesn't mean you will stay warm. Imagine wearing skinny jeans at -25°C while waiting outside for 30 minutes. I've done it and I felt like I was going to get frostbite. Don't do that! So how do you stay warm while keeping your modesty standards? Layers!


Layers! Layers! Layers!

  • Leggings: Many women prefer to wear thick tights, but I find those hard to find. Instead, I wear thick leggings that almost act as pants. Remember though, leggings are not pants. I wear the leggings under my skirt and with thick socks. 
  • Thick Socks: No one can tell that you are wearing leggings with thick socks when you are wearing boots, so go for it. Socks can make it or break it in the cold. You wanna wear some that are thick. Though, in warm temperature, they will make you sweat... Just a warning.

  • Slip: Since I wear thick leggings, the fabric in my skirts cling to the soft and fluffy material. So make sure to wear a slip under my skirt or dress. I don't even know how many times I've had to remind my sister about this. But you're not like her, right? I keed, I keed.  
  • Sweater: If you wanna stay extra warm and you have a place to store your items during the day, like a locker, you might as well bring a sweater to create a layer between your shirt and the cold lining of your jacket. I never understood why the inside of a jacket couldn't be lined with something warm and soft.

Good Outerwear is Key

The outerwear that I am wearing was purchased a few years ago. I cannot find these in stores anymore. However, you can find items that resemble these almost everywhere.

I like that the coat is long and thick. This is good for the winter weather. My coat is from Liz Claiborne and my boots are from Walmart. Yes, Walmart. I got the boots at a cheap price and they still get the job done. Just make sure you wear thick boots made for snow. Lastly, my scarf is from Garage.

Modest Winter OOTD: Boots


As for gloves, the thicker the better for staying warm. I wear thin gloves because they are easier for handling things when I work outside. However, they don't keep me warm. It really depends on your preference.

You NEED This Hat

If you want to receive an innumerable amount of compliments on a daily basis wear this hat. I kid you not everyone LOVES this hat. It's black, thin and covered in classy pearls. My mom recently went to Paris and saw how all the young women there were wearing it. She picked one up in Zara. People have said it is beautiful, eloquent and pretty. If you see one in store pick it up!

Modest Winter Outfit: Hat


I found a link for the hat, but only for the UK. There are similar alternatives available in other more local stores. Link for Pearly Hat (UK)


Offer it Up

Imagine. Standing outside in below freezing temperatures, waiting for the bus, snow everywhere, no warm rays of sun in sight, don't forget the windchill...Yeah, it can get hard. But hey, I'm not complaining...this is advice...lol.



At the end of the day, suffering through the cold is something many of us don't choose to do. My advice is to suffer through it patiently and offer it up as a sacrifice. Maybe we could help some souls in purgatory. Stay warm my friends.

- Beverly 💗

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I've got to comment again! Love this! I do not wear pants either; I prefer leggings underneath, as you wrote. lol. I also buy white cotton skirts that look like old fashioned "petticoats" a little bit, and wear that underneath my skirt if its REALLY cold. That works quite well! Though I am lucky, I don't get cold easily. :)
    So exciting to find another lovely lady who wears skirts all the time like me! haha

    If you'd like, you are welcome to read my blog post concerning why I don't wear pants :)

    https://frontporchcatholic.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/why-this-catholic-girl-doesnt-wear-pants/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is AMAZING!!! 😃

    ReplyDelete

Hmmmmm...

Powered by Blogger.